Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Matthieu Bollot <ma...@nereide.biz> on 2009/07/07 17:34:52 UTC

debian package

Hi,

I've seen that doogie made some commits for the debian package. First of
all I'm glad to see all the work that doogie has done.

I've been looking at it this last few days and I had 3 major problems
when installing.

First of all, in move-files.pl, */.git/* files are not "moved" which is
fine but the main file versionning program is subversion so I think that
*/.svn* files should not be moved too.

Second thing, in ofbiz-framework.postinst :
107	chown root:ofbiz "/etc/ofbiz/debconf.cfg"

At this moment the ofbiz group is not created (it is done line 150)

At least, it took me 342 seconds to start ofbiz in my virtual box, in
ofbiz-framework.ofbiz.init :
246	wait_for_status 40 "Running" "start"

obviously it times out. I don't know the average time to start ofbiz but
I'm quite sure that 40seconds is really low (actually it worked on my
virtual box with the framework only, and took 342 seconds with
ofbiz-applications and ofbiz-specialpurpose).

Best regards,
Matthieu Bollot.

Re: debian package

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.
Matthieu Bollot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen that doogie made some commits for the debian package. First of
> all I'm glad to see all the work that doogie has done.
>
> I've been looking at it this last few days and I had 3 major problems
> when installing.
>
> First of all, in move-files.pl, */.git/* files are not "moved" which is
> fine but the main file versionning program is subversion so I think that
> */.svn* files should not be moved too.

Excellent point.  I'll add several other excludes for various
versioning programs.

> Second thing, in ofbiz-framework.postinst :
> 107	chown root:ofbiz "/etc/ofbiz/debconf.cfg"

Hmm, right, I've had the ofbiz group on my box for a long time.  It's
been a while since I've done a clean chroot test install.

> At this moment the ofbiz group is not created (it is done line 150)
>

> At least, it took me 342 seconds to start ofbiz in my virtual box, in
> ofbiz-framework.ofbiz.init :
> 246	wait_for_status 40 "Running" "start"
>
> obviously it times out. I don't know the average time to start ofbiz but
> I'm quite sure that 40seconds is really low (actually it worked on my
> virtual box with the framework only, and took 342 seconds with
> ofbiz-applications and ofbiz-specialpurpose).

Yeah, something recently has caused ofbiz to take a ton more time
starting up.  I haven't yet tracked that down.  My guess is that it
has something to do with random seeding.