Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be> on 2002/05/24 22:41:10 UTC

Message for Fluid Evacuators

And I'm getting very tired about having someone send me e-mails about spam
while:
1) The unsubscribe address is clearly marked at the end of each e-mail (if
you can't read, it means: send an empty e-mail to
docs-dev-unsubscribe@perl.apache.org , wait for the reply, and then follow
the instructions you get there (and if you can't manage to read that
either, it tells you to reply with an empty e-mail to that e-mail).
2) You have subscribed to this e-mail list, otherwise you wouldn't be
getting these e-mails.
3) I have been sending you replies each time, but as your e-mail address
has ben giving me errors each and every time, you haven't received my e-mails!

I'm sorry about this for the rest of the list, but I'm getting very tired
of this person.

I also Cced Ask, maybe you can take care of this incompetent person Ask?
(just remove anything with fluid evacuators in it, what do I know about
their/his/her valid e-mail address).

Re: Message for Fluid Evacuators

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 11:01 29.05.2002, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:
>On Wed, 29 May 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>[...]
> > > I also Cced Ask, maybe you can take care of this incompetent person Ask?
> > > (just remove anything with fluid evacuators in it, what do I know about
> > > their/his/her valid e-mail address).
>
>No much thing. :-/ If he would just mail the -owner address I could
>help him (or her).

That'll be hard. I hope he/she got this e-mail I sent.. if not, we just
drop it. Not my problem.

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 29 May 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

[...]
> > I also Cced Ask, maybe you can take care of this incompetent person Ask?
> > (just remove anything with fluid evacuators in it, what do I know about
> > their/his/her valid e-mail address).

No much thing. :-/ If he would just mail the -owner address I could
help him (or her).

> 1. tell Ask (though he is very busy so it takes awhile before he gets to
> kick the bugger)

Busy, me?  Ha.  If I was busy I would be working at 2am.  Oh wait, I
am. :-)

> 2. block on your side if possible. (though still do #1, so we all
> benefit from the blocking)

yes, much better to tell me.

> e.g. after several attempts to ask ruben@mrbrklyn.com not to send me
> automatic replies when I reply to some modperl list's email including !
> in the subject. I've simply started to bounce his emails back with my
> ..procmailrc's rule:

I have unsubscribed him from the modperl list.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/   !try; do();

Re: Message for Fluid Evacuators

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:

> And I'm getting very tired about having someone send me e-mails about
> spam while:
> 1) The unsubscribe address is clearly marked at the end of each e-mail
> (if you can't read, it means: send an empty e-mail to
> docs-dev-unsubscribe@perl.apache.org , wait for the reply, and then
> follow the instructions you get there (and if you can't manage to read
> that either, it tells you to reply with an empty e-mail to that e-mail).
> 2) You have subscribed to this e-mail list, otherwise you wouldn't be
> getting these e-mails.
> 3) I have been sending you replies each time, but as your e-mail address
> has ben giving me errors each and every time, you haven't received my
> e-mails!
>
> I'm sorry about this for the rest of the list, but I'm getting very
> tired of this person.
>
> I also Cced Ask, maybe you can take care of this incompetent person Ask?
> (just remove anything with fluid evacuators in it, what do I know about
> their/his/her valid e-mail address).

That's unfortunate. There are two ways to deal with that:

1. tell Ask (though he is very busy so it takes awhile before he gets to
kick the bugger)

2. block on your side if possible. (though still do #1, so we all
benefit from the blocking)

e.g. after several attempts to ask ruben@mrbrklyn.com not to send me
automatic replies when I reply to some modperl list's email including !
in the subject. I've simply started to bounce his emails back with my
.procmailrc's rule:

:0
* ^FROM.*ruben@mrbrklyn.com
! ruben@mrbrklyn.com

This guy never bothers me again.

p.s. I'm moderating this list and get to delete a lot of spam whose rate
has increased recently ;(