Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> on 2022/06/07 23:44:32 UTC

Monthly Member's Moment - July 2022

The June newsletter was recently sent to members-announce@a.o.

Let's target to release the next on July 5, 2022.  Anyone want to take
point for July?

Link for next template is below:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Cg31D

Re: Monthly Member's Moment - July 2022

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
I am just about to t send the moments tomorrow (pinged Infra again to come
back, if not, I will come up with something else) - any comments, feel free
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=217386250

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
> [...]

> > > I'd even say as much as this - it would be great if every next "chief
> > > editor" will add some personal touch to it in the way that the editor
> feels
> > > like :). Some "general" content should be similar - but I am thinking
> about
> > > inviting someone who would like to say a sentence about what they are
> proud
> > > of doing for the Foundation this month. Someone who would not normally
> be
> > > too "vocal" about it.  I mentioned that initially when this discussion
> > > started. But this might be different thing from the next person next
> month
> > > :),
> > >
> > > I think that might be the most important "task" of "chief editor" - to
> come
> > > up with something new and "personal touch" to it.

Sent from A Mobile Device

Re: Monthly Member's Moment - July 2022

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
I also created https://s.apache.org/private short URL. I always lose
far too much time to find it when I need it. This one should be
super-easy to type-in from memory.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Matt and Jarek,

I think you both have good ideas.  Getting more people to help with this
report will allow for that unique flair.

I’m looking forward to what comes out in the next report.

- Josh

On Sat, Jun 11, 2022 at 1:41 PM Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> wrote:

> If we are speaking of the future/experimenting - I think Members Moments
> should be much more personal and something that creates a sense of
> participation in something extraordinary - so I would not compare this to
> "board reports". If we can make something that will interest people and
> grab their attention and "sense of belonging" - that would be the best
> format I think.
>
> I personally always kind of frown upon "repeated" regular reports - always
> showing the same points and in the same "form". They are needed of course,
> but maybe "members moment" should be less informative and more "bringing
> people together" (at least that's how I think about it).
>
> I'd even say as much as this - it would be great if every next "chief
> editor" will add some personal touch to it in the way that the editor feels
> like :). Some "general" content should be similar - but I am thinking about
> inviting someone who would like to say a sentence about what they are proud
> of doing for the Foundation this month. Someone who would not normally be
> too "vocal" about it.  I mentioned that initially when this discussion
> started. But this might be different thing from the next person next month
> :),
>
> I think that might be the most important "task" of "chief editor" - to come
> up with something new and "personal touch" to it.
>
> J.
>
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 4:51 PM Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd imagine some sort of top-line status report could be a level of
> > detail that would work? Essentially, the main part of the email would
> > be a few bullet points about what's going on, and a secondary part
> > could go into more details on each point or link to further details.
> > I'm imagining the type of report that leadership typically reads in
> > other corporations. Not at the level of detail of board minutes of
> > course.
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 7:32 AM Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> wrote:
> > >
> > > For sure.  Make it the way you think it will be best for readers.

> > longer

> > of it
> > about
> > it a