Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net> on 2004/08/23 23:06:42 UTC

dist properties

Hi all,

Are the maven.dist.tar.executable and maven.dist.gunzip.executable
properties still in use? I couldn't find any reference to these
properties on maven-plugins, except on dist itself, where they are
defined/described:

$ grep maven.dist */*.* */*/*.*|grep executable
dist/plugin.properties:maven.dist.tar.executable=tar
dist/plugin.properties:maven.dist.gunzip.executable=gunzip
dist/xdocs/changes.xml:        <code>maven.dist.tar.executable</code>and
dist/xdocs/changes.xml:
<code>maven.dist.gunzip.executable</code>for spec
ifying the remote executables for these functions
dist/xdocs/properties.xml:          <td>maven.dist.tar.executable</td>
dist/xdocs/properties.xml:          <td>maven.dist.gunzip.executable</td>

Looks like they were created by
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPDIST-2, when <deploy:artifact> used
the siteCommand attribute, which is not the case anymore (see diff below).

If that's the case, I think we should remove these properties, otherwise
it could cause confusion (I wish I could open a new Jira issue for that :-)

-- Felipe

PS: here is the diff

# cvs diff -r 1.14 -r 1.15 plugin.jelly |grep -5 siteCommand

<
<     <deploy:artifact
<       artifact="distributions.tar.gz"
<       type="distributions"
<       assureDirectoryCommand="mkdir -p"
<       siteCommand="cd
@deployDirectory@;${maven.dist.gunzip.executable}
distributions.tar.gz;${maven.dist.tar.executable} xUvf
distributions.tar;chmod -R g+u *;rm distributions.tar"
<     />
<
<   </goal>
<
<
--
---
 >     <artifact:deploy
231,233c204,212
<       type="distributions"
<       assureDirectoryCommand="mkdir -p"
<       siteCommand="cd @deployDirectory@;chmod -R g+u *;"
---
--
---