Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by ca...@libero.it on 2017/11/07 16:01:56 UTC

Fill Dropdownlist with sql result

Hi,

I'm developing a notebook with jdbc ( mysql ), and I need to create a dropdown list that will be used as parameter for a query.

Is there a way to feel this dropdown list dynamically ? That is I want to fill this dropdown list with the result of a query:

SELECT DISTINCT IPADDRESS FROM MEASURES

Thanks

Re: Fill Dropdownlist with sql result

Posted by t p <ta...@gmail.com>.
I don’t think there is a way to accomplish this using JDBC or PSQL interpreter.

https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.7.3/manual/dynamicform.html <https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.7.3/manual/dynamicform.html>

This can be accomplished using spark interpreter where you can programatically create drop down - e.g. spark+SQL+scala:Seq

What you are asking for is a nice feature to have in JDBC/PSQL interpreter to create interactive notebooks.