Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/08 20:06:26 UTC

Ambari build failure on H4 due to RAT failure

Hi Ambari Commiters

I submitted a ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7205

It seems like there are some garbage on H4's workspace.
Could you please remove the garbage (or possibly the entire git clone) to
clean up the RAT failure?
I don't have access to the Jenkins slaves.

Thank you!
--
-jun

Re: Ambari build failure on H4 due to RAT failure

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for the tip, Jun!
I made more changes so that "git clean -xdf" runs before the local
nodejs installation.
Will let you know once we get a successful run H4.

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari build failure on H4 due to RAT failure

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Jun Aoki <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the nodejs error, it should be OK once we clean the garbage file
> described in rat.txt and revert back to the configuration since Roman
> configured it to install nodejs on the fly locally.

Speaking of which -- I think we can make Ambari build even more flexible
if we make that part of the Maven routine.  For now, though, the build
on ASF Jenkins is doing fine -- I'll file extra JIRAs soon though.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Ambari build failure on H4 due to RAT failure

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
You are welcome, and thank _you_ for doing the heavy lifting :)
It would be awesome if we can port over the test patch job from Hadoop!

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari build failure on H4 due to RAT failure

Posted by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.
Yusaku,

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Jun,

#189 succeeded on H4.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari build failure on H4 due to RAT failure

Posted by Jun Aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
I think #187 failed because the new git clean now is deleting the
local nodejs installation (didn't really pay attention to the nodejs
local install hack until the failure occurred).

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari build failure on H4 due to RAT failure

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Jun,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari build failure on H4 due to RAT failure

Posted by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hitesh, yes, that's a good idea.  Maybe also add the -x option as well.

Yusaku

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> wrote:
> @Yusaku, if you can modify the build job itself, running “git clean -f -d” at the start might be a useful step.
>
> — Hitesh
>
> On Sep 8, 2014, at 11:26 AM, Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Jun,
>>
>> Thanks.  I have yet tried to access Jenkins, so I guess your
>> instructions will be clear to me once I do.
>> I found this: http://wiki.apache.org/general/Jenkins
>> So I will try it out and see.
>>
>> Yusaku
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM, jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Yusaku, thank you for responding.
>>>
>>> It is a bit tricky but if you have access to the job configuration, you can
>>> set 'rm' command in Execute Shell step. Something like
>>>
>>> {code}
>>> rm ${WORKSPACE}/*
>>> {code}
>>>
>>> Then run the job once (make sure it runs on H4) , remove the rm line from
>>> the Configuration, then it should run good.

>>> --
>>> -jun
>>
>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari build failure on H4 due to RAT failure

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Jun,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Ambari build failure on H4 due to RAT failure

Posted by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Roman,

--