Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Tino Schöllhorn <t....@tiscali.de> on 2004/02/14 11:49:35 UTC

QueryFactory issue

Hi,

I could pinpoint the described error which has been described in an
earliear thread (Cache issue: 13.2.2004). It all boils to the
QueryFactory.newQuery(Class, Criteria, boolean) method. if I execute the
code to retrieve an instance of class Person with:

Criteria crit = new Criteria();
crit.addEqualTo("id", "85");
Query query = QueryFactory.newQuery(Person.class, crit);

Collection c = pb.getCollectionByQuery(query);
.... and so on

everything works perfectly and the instances of Person are instantiated
correctly. But if I use the method described in the first place:

Criteria crit = new Criteria();
crit.addEqualTo("id", "85");
Query query = QueryFactory.newQuery(Person.class, crit, true);

After that query the LONGVARCHARS aren't correctly instantiated.

I think that this might be an error of OJB.

With regards
Tino

Re: QueryFactory issue

Posted by Tino Schöllhorn <t....@tiscali.de>.
Hi,

sorry I got it. It is a database-error. Access doesn't return memo
fields when using distinct (grrrr....). my fault.

tino