Posted to community@apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/08/15 02:41:02 UTC

Kudos to infrastructure team

Considering how many members of the Apache Community just take the smooth
operation of the infrastructure for granted, I think that people like Ask,
Brian, Cliff, Greg, Justin, Manoj, Pier, Sander, Thom, et al, deserve credit
for all of the things that they do which allow the rest of us to take them
for granted.

As I am sure many of you know, the Free Software Foundation's FTP server was
hacked in March.  They didn't even notice until the end of July
(http://ftp.gnu.org/MISSING-FILES.README), and they are still recovering.

This makes one appreciate the efforts of the ASF infrastructure team to keep
a secure system with verifiable integrity.  It also justifies the continued
emphasis on doing everything via CVS with logging, and signed releases.

Thanks guys!  :-)

Now get back to monitoring those logs!  ;-)

	--- Noel

Re: Kudos to infrastructure team

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Big +1 .. I am incredibly impressed how efficient and effective the
infrastructure team is.

Thanks for all that you do.

Sanjiva.