Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Euan Guttridge <EG...@buildonline.com> on 2004/06/07 12:47:11 UTC

use of $CATALINA_HOME inside webapp

I tested using $CATALINA_HOME instead of an absolute path in a property file
in a webapp.  This did not work - the log the app was supposed to create to
was never created. An absolute path works. Is this expected behaviour?
TC4.1.24

../webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes/myapp.properties:
log1=$CATALINA_HOME/logs/myapp.log

Thanks
Euan

Re: use of $CATALINA_HOME inside webapp

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
You need to use ${catalina.home} (if your properties file gets expanded.)

-Tim