Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Enke, Michael" <mi...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2002/07/04 15:08:27 UTC

FOUND! Re: compiling/running dev-snapshot [was: Re: Delaying the release?]

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Michael Enke wrote:
> >

> > ok, it is 2.1
> > In that case it is probably not a good idea to test for upcoming 2.0.3
> > with dev-snapshot. Whats about an auto generated dev-snapshot for the
> > stable 2.0.<latest+1> branch?
> >
> I don't know anything about the dev-snapshots. But you're right this
> is a good idea.
> Does anyone know who to ask for this (Pier or Sam?) ?
> As far as the database problem and JDK 1.4 is concerned, both versions
> should be identical (I hope), so you could test it with the dev-snapshot
> as well.
>

> > Ok, I can ignore them. But is it in 2.0.3 branch too?
> > If yes and we want to make a new release this should be corrected.
> Yes, absolutely!

> > not found":
> > > This should be due to the movement of the samples. Try to
> > > invoke "http://localhost/cocoon/samples/welcome".
> >
> > Unfortunately this gives also an exception:
> > type fatal
> >
> Yes, I'm aware of this. There are some bugs in the current build.xml
> but as CVS is currently not working, I can't fix them.
> I have attached a working version of the build script, so if you use
> this and make a new build from a clean version, you should at least
> see the examples. I can't guarantee that the esql examples are working
> 100% correctly, but the SQL transformer example
> (http://localhost/cocoon/samples/sql/sql-page) shows the problem.

esql.xsp also doesn't work. Reason:
The JdbcConnectionFactory is instantiated
!BEFORE!
hsqldb is started.
Please change this.

Michael

RE: FOUND! Re: compiling/running dev-snapshot [was: Re: Delaying the release?]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Ok, thanks for this great information!
>
> Now, after some investigation, it seems that the BucketMap used in
> the excalibur component manager is the "culprit", because the handlers
> are not initialized in the order they are defined in the cocoon.xconf
> but any arbitrary order.

Confirmed, the handlers are not initialized in the order they appear in
the cocoon.xconf. Ok, let's see what the Avalon team says...

Carsten

RE: FOUND! Re: compiling/running dev-snapshot [was: Re: Delaying the release?]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Michael Enke wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >
> > Michael Enke wrote:
> > >

> > > esql.xsp also doesn't work. Reason:
> > > The JdbcConnectionFactory is instantiated
> > > !BEFORE!
> > > hsqldb is started.
> > > Please change this.
> > >
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > how did you find this out and do you have a suggestion how to
> > achieve this? Because simply putting the hsqldb in the
> > cocoon.xconf doesn't work.
>
> I thought that this is a configuration issue. Is it not?
> I downloaded excalibur and put in some System.out.println().
> In JdbcConnectionFactory there is the call
> m_firstConnection = DriverManager.getConnection( m_dburl,
> m_username, m_password );
> and this failed. That's why clazz is null -> m_class is null ->
> throw new NoValidConnectionException( "No valid JdbcConnection
> class available" );
>
> I put in some System.out.println() in the constructor and realized the
> hsqldb output from start is always after my println even if I put
> in 30 or 60 seconds delay.

Ok, thanks for this great information!

Now, after some investigation, it seems that the BucketMap used in
the excalibur component manager is the "culprit", because the handlers
are not initialized in the order they are defined in the cocoon.xconf
but any arbitrary order.

> > And why is this only with JDK 1.4?
> I have no JDK 1.3 or lower so I cann't investigate.
> Maybe with a clean checkout this happens also to JDK1.3 or earlier.

Perhaps this is the difference between 1.3 and 1.4: the BucketMap acts
different.

Ok, I will further investigate.

Thanks
Carsten

Re: FOUND! Re: compiling/running dev-snapshot [was: Re: Delaying the release?]

Posted by "Enke, Michael" <mi...@wincor-nixdorf.com>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.