Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bahaa Nasrallah <ba...@oracle.com> on 2005/02/17 14:22:30 UTC

running maven

Hi,
On my project i have a maven.xml file and project.xml file. when i run
"maven"  in the command line it doesn't compile the src files that are
specified under <sourceDirectory> in the project.xml. it only runs the
goals specified in maven.xml.
when i run "maven site:generate" in the command line it compiles those
files but it doesnt execute the goals in maven.xml.
What is the command that should execute the goals in maven.xml and
compiles the source files specified in project.xml?

Thanks in advance,
Bahaa

Re: running maven

Posted by Rick Mangi <rm...@yahoo.com>.
maven java:compile

to run a goal  in maven.xml: maven <goal>

Read the docs on the website for more information.

On Feb 17, 2005, at 8:22 AM, bahaa Nasrallah wrote:

> Hi,
> On my project i have a maven.xml file and project.xml file. when i run
> "maven"  in the command line it doesn't compile the src files that are
> specified under <sourceDirectory> in the project.xml. it only runs the
> goals specified in maven.xml.
> when i run "maven site:generate" in the command line it compiles those
> files but it doesnt execute the goals in maven.xml.
> What is the command that should execute the goals in maven.xml and
> compiles the source files specified in project.xml?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Bahaa

Re: running maven

Posted by Th...@putnam.com.

bahaa Nasrallah <ba...@oracle.com> wrote on 02/17/2005 08:22:30
AM:

> Hi,
> On my project i have a maven.xml file and project.xml file. when i run
> "maven"  in the command line it doesn't compile the src files that are
> specified under <sourceDirectory> in the project.xml. it only runs the
> goals specified in maven.xml.

You may have a default goal in your maven.xml. Maven looks in maven.xml
first, before looking at any plugins, so by entering only 'maven', you must
be
executing a default goal name, and maven won't execute any other goal if it
find it there.

> when i run "maven site:generate" in the command line it compiles those
> files but it doesnt execute the goals in maven.xml.
> What is the command that should execute the goals in maven.xml and
> compiles the source files specified in project.xml?

If you want to execute goals in maven.xml in combination with other goals,
like
site:generate, use preGoal or postGoal in maven.xml
for example
<preGoal name="site:generate">
      [your own logic goes here...use attainGoal to run other goals]
</preGoal>

Note that site:generate runs a lot of goals; if you use a preGoal or
postGoal,
make sure you name the right goal you want to run before or after

> Thanks in advance,
> Bahaa

This message is intended for the recipient only and is not meant to be forwarded or distributed in any other format. This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument, or security, or as an official confirmation of any transaction.  Putnam does not accept purchase or redemptions of securities, instructions, or authorizations that are sent via e-mail.   All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice.  Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of Putnam, LLC (DBA Putnam Investments) and its subsidiaries and affiliates.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete the e-mail.