Posted to dev@community.apache.org by 山上有神仙 <34...@qq.com> on 2016/03/03 06:28:19 UTC

Ask for licenses

Hello,

I want to open source on my project.And I want to ask for open source license. What I should do?

Thanks,

YaLin

Re: Ask for licenses

Posted by Tara Arcement <mi...@icloud.com>.
We don't need a licensed been hacked

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Ask for licenses

Posted by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com>.

Re: Ask for licenses

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

And this is another good plain english site [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://choosealicense.com/licenses/

Re: Ask for licenses

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

This site may help [1]  and give a nice clear english summary of most open source licenses.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://tldrlegal.com

AW: 回复: Ask for licenses

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
I think it's not clear enough what exactly you need.

If you use code from the ASF it is released under the Apache software license, which basically means that you can use it for free without impact of your own code.
If you want to bring your own project to the ASF its license will be changed to the ASL regardless what it was before.
If you don't know about a license of your own project, that depends on your needs. Many non-Apache-projects use the ASL, other GPL, LGPL, MIT, Eclipse license, ... or no license. I don't know any matrix where these licenses are compared, but maybe there is one so finding the "right license for your project" would be easier.

Jan

回复: Ask for licenses

Posted by 山上有神仙 <34...@qq.com>.

Re: Ask for licenses