Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Neeme Praks <ne...@one.lv> on 2000/06/01 22:48:57 UTC

RE: Simpleton Sitemap question

what are the holes? I'm just curious, and maybe others on the list could
also help to fill in these holes ;-)

Neeme

Re: Simpleton Sitemap question

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Neeme Praks wrote:

> [...]

Mostly for web-app and authorisation/authentication. Turbine-stuff, you
could say.

Having little personal knowledge on those fields, I find myself with a
blurred vision... and this leaves my whiteboard painfully blank...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Simpleton Sitemap question

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> David Duddleston wrote:

Total +1

And +1 for everything that reduces the code we have to write :)

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@simba.pwr.ch>.
On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 09:55:08PM -0700, David Duddleston wrote:

> > Please read the Servlet 2.2. spec. which we have commited to at "11.6
> > Server Tracking of Authentication Information". There you see why it is
> > better to leave authentication at the container level.
> >
> > If "Many Web Apps" still use their own Form based authentication it's
> > almost because there was no infrastructure available to do this at the
> > container level when those apps where written.
> >
> > And because there are so many different possibilities to do
> > authentication we shuld leave it to the container and not reimplement
> > our own.
>
> Yeah, I just took another read of it. Still a few things I'm unclear about
> regarding setting things up in the web.xml, but I think it is just a matter
> of playing around with it. Anyway, I think you are right. It would be to
> much of a hastle considering C2 will be Servlet 2.2 API which should cover
> it.

If you are looking for examples, see the tomcat web.xml. One of them is configured to use container security.

Giacomo

Posted by David Duddleston <da...@i2a.com>.

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.

Posted by David Duddleston <da...@i2a.com>.