Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Gibbs <da...@midrange.com> on 2004/09/27 17:50:10 UTC

Activating the RelayCountry plug-in?

Any suggestions on how to activate the RelayCountry plug-in?

I've added this line to my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file ...

loadplugin     Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry

... and restarted spamd.

My messages, however, do not have any additional information that
indicates the country the message was relayed through.

I do have IP::Country::Fast installed.

Thanks!

david

Re: Activating the RelayCountry plug-in?

Posted by David Gibbs <da...@midrange.com>.
Matt Kettler wrote:
> I don't believe the RelayCountry plugin adds anything visible to the
> message.

Ok, I didn't get that from the docs (such as they are).  I expected the
"X-Relay-Countries" header to be added to the message.

> It adds the country code to the metadata that gets used as bayes tokens,
> but I don't think that information gets folded back into the message.

That makes sense ... I guess.  It would be kind of interesting to see
the information, however.

> You may want to try pumping a message through spamassassin -tD and look
> at the debug output. It should show up as a metadata debug for
> "X-Relay-Countries" if it's working.

Yeah, that's showing up ...

debug: tokenize: header tokens for X-Relay-Countries = " IL"

... which had me confused, because the header it referenced was not
actually in the message.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.