Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by arun k <ar...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/03 09:08:42 UTC

Configuring Hadoop on eclipse

Hi ALL !

I am trying to configure hadoop on eclipse for development purpose.
I am interested in seeing and understanding the working of Hadoop code : say
Jobtracker , Tasktracker, Namenode working,etc.
I have some problem with git and mvn on my system(as i am behind a proxy) so
i didn't want use the QuickStart in
 http://wiki.apache.org/hadoopEclipseEnvironment<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/HELP-configuring-hadoop-on-ECLIPSE-td1086829.html#a3306100>

I did various things as listed in
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/HELP-configuring-hadoop-on-ECLIPSE-td1086829.html#a3306100
 :
1. I followed the Longer instructions of the above link.
    I am able to build the project.
    I have no clue as to how and what to run and see the working of Hadoop
code say : Jobtracker,Tasktracker,etc.

2. I have followed the blog post
http://tech.zhenhua.info/2010/11/svn-subclipse.html
    I am able to create Run configuarations as given.
    I have no clue as to how to see the working of Hadoop code say :
Jobtracker,Tasktracker,etc.

3. I have tried to follow the guidelines of Faraz Ahmad in this post.
    I didn't understand steps 3 and 4 which refer to wiki link above :
      There is no "Configuring Eclipse to build Hadoop" in that page and i
didn't understand by "in 3, add eclipse-files,.."
    So i followed http://tech.zhenhua.info/2010/11/svn-subclipse.html till
"Create Run Configuaration"
    and then from step 5 of Ahmed guidelines.
    When we run it we get the error :
        Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation
problems:
ProgramDriver cannot be resolved to a type
 ProgramDriver cannot be resolved to a type
DistributedPentomino cannot be resolved to a type
 Sudoku cannot be resolved to a type
TeraGen cannot be resolved to a type
TeraSort cannot be resolved to a type
 TeraValidate cannot be resolved to a type

at
examples.org.apache.hadoop.examples.ExampleDriver.main(ExampleDriver.java:36)

Any help ?

Arun