Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Christian Spanner <sd...@sdm.de> on 2001/04/03 15:45:40 UTC

Re: Array Serialization: WSDL-toolkit?

Hi all,

Olivier Brand schrieb:

> If you would like to include an array in your XSD schema
> (to be included in a WSDL file for instance),
> you need to write something like:
>
> <xsd:complexType name="ArrayOfInt">
>     <xsd:complexContent>
>         <xsd:restriction base="soapenc:Array">
>             <attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="xsd:int[]" />
>         </xsd:restriction>
>     </xsd:complexContent>
> </xsd:complexType>
>
> The syntax is not obvious, but should work
> (if you add to the IBM WSTK toolkit of course).

so, does the IBM web service toolkit support this?
I tried in vain to generate classes for arrays like

<xsd:complexType name="MovieList">
  <xsd:element name="item"
    type="tns:Movie"
    minOccurs="0"
    maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
</xsd:complexType>

All I get is
public class MovieList{
  public Movie item_Elem;
}

there must be a way to use something as simple as arrays
with the IBM Web Services Toolkit, no?

thanks &
greetings,
    Christian