Posted to bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <vj...@dulug.duke.edu> on 2003/06/13 08:43:54 UTC

Re: bsf and perl ?

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 04:16:23PM -0700, Raouf Aimeur wrote:
> Is bsf 2.3.0 supporting perl ? In http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/index.html there no mention of supporting perl,
> but in java.sun.com I've found a thread where someone is using bsf with perl.
> I'm a bit confused, does anyone knows the answer? if yes, which jar should I get to support perl ?

Raouf,

Again, apologies as to the late reply.

No, perl is not, as of yet, natively supported in BSF.
Perl *was* supported on Win32 only via the ActiveScript engine,
using the PerlScript interface; however, the ActiveScript engine
has fallen into disrepair, due to lack of a maintainer.

A native Java interface to perl for BSF to use is lacking; it is a
project that many would appreciate, myself included.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski   | The Wall is Down, But the Threat Remains!
orlikowski@apache.org  | vjo@dulug.duke.edu | vjo@us.ibm.com

Re: bsf and perl ?

Posted by Raouf Aimeur <ra...@cisco.com>.
thanks for your reply.

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <vj...@dulug.duke.edu>.

Re: bsf and perl ?

Posted by Raouf Aimeur <ra...@cisco.com>.
Thanks for the reply. To your knowledge is there a Java implementation of
perl in Java ?

thanks,