Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Alessandro Binhara <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/17 19:34:19 UTC

Problem of performance to meet requests from the mahout with tomcat on widows

Hello everyone.
I'm with a recommendation system running on a mahout using tomcat.
The server has 8G of RAM with 10 processors.

We have about 11 requests per second happening.
But we're losing a lot of answers, because tomcat is not able to respond to
all requests.

Someone already made a tuning for this kind of application?

thanks..

Re: Problem of performance to meet requests from the mahout with tomcat on widows

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
That sounds pretty slow. Whether or not it is "too slow" depends on your
data set size. How big? If this is 1M ratings, you're definitely doing
something wrong. If it's 1 billion, maybe that's reasonable and you need
more machines (or need to use a distributed approach).

Without saying what approach you are using, it's hard for anyone to give you
ideas.