Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by kajaa <ka...@eastday.com> on 2003/04/18 07:37:53 UTC

A suggestion about

In all style/*.xsl files, there is a line say:
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;"> ]>

This causes a problem when multi-byte encoding language (such as zh,kr,jp)
translations be shown in a browser, because, OS may recognize the character
160 as the first part of a specific language character, and displays a
strange one which is not expected.

For our zh-cn translating project, I modified this line in all .xsl files
to:
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#32;"> ]>
which has the same look and feel with the old one.

So, is it OK or possible to make a change in future release versions?

Re: A suggestion about

Posted by kajaa <ka...@eastday.com>.
From: "Andr?Malo" <nd...@perlig.de>
> That was a transformation error (xalan bug?). Recently I've worked around
that by filtering these characters and writing "&nbsp;" into the output.

Sorry, I didn't notice there are so many changes these days.

> Please try it with this change and see what happens with the chinese
transformation. If it doesn't work as expected, we can consider further
changes.

Yes, it works fine, thanks for you work.

kajaa

Re: A suggestion about

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* kajaa wrote:

> In all style/*.xsl files, there is a line say:
> <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;"> ]>
>
> This causes a problem when multi-byte encoding language (such as zh,kr,jp)
> translations be shown in a browser, because, OS may recognize the character
> 160 as the first part of a specific language character, and displays a
> strange one which is not expected.

That was a transformation error (xalan bug?). Recently I've worked around
that by filtering these characters and writing "&nbsp;" into the output.

Please try it with this change and see what happens with the chinese
transformation. If it doesn't work as expected, we can consider further
changes.

Thanks, nd
--
die (eval q-qq:Just Another Perl Hacker