Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Punit Duggal <pd...@hotmail.com> on 2005/01/28 21:22:14 UTC

Unable to access Tomcat Admin Application

I  installed Tomcat 5.0.30 on my PC and added the admin role to the
tomcat-users.xml file.
When I try to access the admin app using http://localhost:8080/admin nothing
shows up in the browser and here is the error that I get in the cmd prompt
window :
Jan 28, 2005 12:17:21 PM org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator
au
henticate
WARNING: Unexpected error forwarding to login page
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apa
he.struts.action.MESSAGE
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(Page
ontextImpl.java:846)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageCo
textImpl.java:779)
        at admin.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:115)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(App
icationFilterChain.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Application
ilterChain.java:173)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDis
atcher.java:696)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(Applic
tionDispatcher.java:474)

Anyone has an idea as to what I am doing wrong ??

Thanks !

Re: Unable to access Tomcat Admin Application

Posted by Drew Jorgenson <de...@omniplatform.com>.
I don't think admin comes bundled with Tomcat 5 by default, you need to
install it yourself.

Drew.

Posted by Punit Duggal <pd...@hotmail.com>.
I now installed 5.0.28. In this, the admin application works as expected.
Since 5.0.30 is still in beta, looks like its better to use 28 !!!

Posted by Drew Jorgenson <de...@omniplatform.com>.