Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by NZViking New Zealander <nz...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/30 16:15:51 UTC

How can I operate page not exists situation correctly (using 404 http code)?

Hello All!

How can I operate page not exists situation correctly (using 404 http code)?

Jetspeed shows me main page (/jetspeed/portal/default-page.psml), when I
enter non-existing page of my site in browser. But I want jetspeed displays
me 404 page.

For example, i entered http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/blablabla.psml,
but this page doesn't exists on portal. Jetspeed shows me main page (located
at /jetspeed/portal/default-page.psml) instead of 404 page, and returns to
me status code 200/ok instead of 404/not found.

How can I force jetspeed shows me 404.html in this case (with status code
404/not found instead of 200/ok)?

Thanks!

Re: How can I operate page not exists situation correctly (using 404 http code)?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Feb 14, 2007, at 7:03 AM, Vitaly Baranovsky wrote:

>> I'd need to look into the site/profiling code to see how we could get
>> this to act differently, as its been a while.
>
> David, have you looked into the site/profiling code already?

Have you tried changing the flag on constructor arg 3 (in
pipelines.xml):

<bean id="profilerValve"
         class="org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.ProfilerValveImpl"
         init-method="initialize"

    <constructor-arg index="0">
        <ref bean="org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.Profiler" />
    </constructor-arg>
    <constructor-arg index="1">
        <ref bean="org.apache.jetspeed.portalsite.PortalSite" />
    </constructor-arg>
    <constructor-arg index="2">
        <ref bean="org.apache.jetspeed.page.PageManager" />
    </constructor-arg>
    <!--
        request fallback to root folder/page enabled by default;
        if set to false, requests generate HTTP 403/404 errors
        for access errors or missing pages
    -->
    <constructor-arg index="3"><value>true</value></constructor-arg>
    <!--

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: How can I operate page not exists situation correctly (using 404 http code)?

Posted by Vitaly Baranovsky <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.