Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org> on 2001/07/20 20:04:50 UTC

largefiles on unix

This should probably be addressed. I started 2.0.21 up last night, and one
of my log files has grown to be >2GB (my apache 1.3.20 knows largefiles)
and httpd silently died when it attempted to open() the access_log and it
failed with EOVERFLOW.

I know this was taolked about in the past... what's the issue with getting
support for it? Conflicts with the APR typedefs?

/dale

> This should probably be addressed. I started 2.0.21 up last night, and one
> of my log files has grown to be >2GB (my apache 1.3.20 knows largefiles)
> and httpd silently died when it attempted to open() the access_log and it
> failed with EOVERFLOW.
>
> I know this was taolked about in the past... what's the issue with getting
> support for it? Conflicts with the APR typedefs?

No... if you set the platform specific LARGEFILES define (depending on os)
to the build, off_t should become 64 bits.  Likewise, we want to note
APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES.  That should be it.

You will begin to discover all the bad arguments, but we needed to fix those
anyways.

I still have the "Maxiumum size of a <bucket> of data?" question on the table :(

Bill