Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by brett lee <br...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/06 17:52:01 UTC

Saving Session State

Hello,

With some help from this board I've been able to get my project running well under ModPerl::Registry - am even using two of my own (woopie !) modules, so thanks all.  Am now trying to save session state on the server; am again seeking some guidance.

Have tried using CGI::Session (3.95, 4.10, 4.20) but am continually seeing two issues that appear to still be open issues with the latest (is it the final?) release.

In looking around further:

Apache::Session - reviews were not too favorable.
CGI::Application::Plugin::Session - seems to have a large number of requirements.
Catalyst - yeah, probably overkill. :)

I would appreciate any guidance toward a simple session management module that works with "Registry" and Perl 5.8.8.

Thank you.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Re: Saving Session State

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Feb 6, 2008 11:52 AM, brett lee <br...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Have tried using CGI::Session (3.95, 4.10, 4.20) but am continually seeing two issues that appear to still be open issues with the latest (is it the final?) release.

What issues are you having trouble with?  Mark is one of the more
responsive CPAN authors around, and my experiences with CGI::Session
have been good.

- Perrin