Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ah...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 21:49:20 UTC

cluster-based recommendation algorithm

Hello,

This might sound trivial but I have to ask before I can spend time on it.

Mahout provides a recommender that is cluster-based called
TreeClusteringRecommender. Can other recommenders be implemented but with
different clustering algorithms (K-Means) as opposed to TreeClustering?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
-Ahmed

Re: cluster-based recommendation algorithm

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Can it be implemented? sure, but what you see is what is available. If
you want a different clustering approach you would have to implement
it. The algorithm there is not k-means.