Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sandor Spruit <sa...@cs.uu.nl> on 2004/06/14 12:11:31 UTC

Any known issues with Cocoon 2.1.3 and Tomcat 5.0.19 (NullPointerException?)

Hi all,

Strange: I've been developing a webapp based on Cocoon 2.1.3, running on
Tomcat 4.1.30 with no problems. Now I'm extending it with custom Actions
using NetBeans with built-in Tomcat 5.0.19.

I'm getting weird NullPointerExceptions right in the middle of some
ordinary pipeline. The same app still runs like a charm in Tomcat 4.

Are there any 'known Tomcat 5 issues' like XML parser or other library
conflicts? I will upgrade to Cocoon 2.1.4 or 2.1.5 but that's not easy
because of several additions made to the current 2.1.3 installation.

Cheers,
Sandor

NEW! international master programme 'Content and Knowledge Engineering'
see: http://www.informationscience.nl/
My personal coordinates: http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/sandor/

"Our minds are harnessed by knowledge, by the hill and the will
to succeed". From: Fish, "Vigil in a wilderness of mirrors"

Re: Any known issues with Cocoon 2.1.3 and Tomcat 5.0.19 (NullPointerException?)

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 14.06.2004 12:11, Sandor Spruit wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Strange: I've been developing a webapp based on Cocoon 2.1.3, running on
> Tomcat 4.1.30 with no problems. Now I'm extending it with custom Actions
> using NetBeans with built-in Tomcat 5.0.19.
>
> I'm getting weird NullPointerExceptions right in the middle of some
> ordinary pipeline. The same app still runs like a charm in Tomcat 4.
>
> Are there any 'known Tomcat 5 issues' like XML parser or other library
> conflicts? I will upgrade to Cocoon 2.1.4 or 2.1.5 but that's not easy
> because of several additions made to the current 2.1.3 installation.

This sounds like endorsed libs problem. You probably have not copied the
XML libs to Tomcat 5's appropriate place (is it still common/endorsed?)
while wou have done it for Tomcat 4.

Joerg