Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2006/01/26 08:36:30 UTC

Actual BSF version, interfacing to Java via strings only ... ( Re: Rhino 1.6 compatibility

Hi Ulf,
> Thanks for the pointer to the nightly build. Indeed, it works like a
> charm with the latest Rhino, and also compiles and runs with my Prolog
> BSF engine. Great work!
Good to hear!

Will announce it in this group, should a new build of BSF come up in the
context of the BSF4Rexx project.

BTW, you probably could use the class
"org.rexxla.bsf.engines.Rexx.RexxAndJava", method "javaCallBSF" (call
Java via BSF), cf. the docs in "docs_bsf4rexx.zip". This would allow you
to interact with Java strictly with strings and still be able to
interface with all kind and type of objects. There is also an easy way
to create and interact with Java arrays, and much more. (Or with other
words, there is nothing Rexx-specific there, so any non-Java based
scripting engine could take advantage of the functionality of that class
to ease full interfacing to Java.) The latest build of the entire
package is at the moment at:
<http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/rgf/rexx/bsf4rexx/dist.20060124/>, it includes
the aofrementioned docs.

Regards,