Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Salisbury <sa...@globe.gov> on 2006/10/06 22:17:43 UTC

[users@httpd] rewrite proxy

Just a quick question to the group.

If I'm using mod_rewrite on machine 1 to do a reverse proxy for a page on machine 2, do I also need to
configure machine 2, to accept the request in some way?

The last line in the rewrite log gives me

"go-ahead with proxy request proxy:http://yada/url"

but machine 1 with the rewrite rule is returning me a 403 error, not authorized.

-ds

Re: [users@httpd] rewrite proxy

Posted by David Salisbury <sa...@globe.gov>.
Thanks.

lynx works, but I'm not sure if apache is doing something behind the scenes that isn't quite the same.
The rewrite log gives me an [OK] at the end of the "go-ahead with proxy request.." line.  Yet the log
file for machine 2 doesn't register the request.  I'm wondering if the request is blocked somehow.

Posted by Jeff DeFord <je...@gmail.com>.