Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/09 03:18:44 UTC

WindowedStream sum behavior

I am wondering about the expected behavior of the sum method.  Obviously it
sums a specific field in a tuple or POJO. But what should one expect in
other fields?  Does sum keep the first field, last field or there aren't
any guarantees?

Re: WindowedStream sum behavior

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,
there no guarantees for the fields other than the summed field (and
eventual key fields). I think in practice it's either the fields from the
first or last record but I wouldn't rely on that.

Cheers,
Aljoscha