Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com> on 2013/09/21 05:36:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (sixth round)

I've created a 4.2.0 release, with the following artifacts up for a vote:

Git Branch and Commit SH:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.2
Commit: 69c459342c568e2400d57ee88572b301603d8686

List of changes:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES;hb=4.2

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
location):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.2.0/

PGP release keys (signed using 94BE0D7C):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS

Testing instructions are here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Release+test+procedure

Vote will be open for 72 hours (Monday 9/23 PST EOD).

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to indicate "(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (sixth round)

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.
+1 (binding)

Based on previous testing of the 5th round RC and a manual comparison of the differences.

Cheers,

Hugo

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Further testing shows that this only seems to affect an upgraded
agent. I can reproduce if I install agent 4.1.1, then upgrade to 4.2,
but not if I start fresh with agent 4.2. If I had to guess, the
upgrade maybe makes the local storage pool re-register(maybe it
creates a new host in the table or something like that, haven't
looked), where it looks like a duplicate.

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com>.
+1
Based on testing described in release procedure.

Thanks,
Amogh

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 03:36:11AM +0000, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:

> I've created a 4.2.0 release, with the following artifacts up for a vote:
>
> Git Branch and Commit SH:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.2
> Commit: 69c459342c568e2400d57ee88572b301603d8686
>
> List of changes:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES;hb=4.2
>
> Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
> location):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.2.0/
>
> PGP release keys (signed using 94BE0D7C):
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>
> Testing instructions are here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Release+test+procedure
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours (Monday 9/23 PST EOD).
>
> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to indicate "(binding)" with their vote?
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (sixth round)

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
+1

Two tests (same env: CentOS 6.4 + KVM + NFS primary storage):
* Fresh install test
* Upgrade from 4.1.1 (fresh install with simple VMs/VirtualRouter) to
4.2.0 with success (after some fails because the Release Notes were
incomplete)

Tests of all languages UI with success (login + each main menus). Please
note: for several languages, the new behaviors like Affinity Groups and
Region are untranslated. Perhaps, a call to translate before the start
of release process (or just after commit the behavior) should be done
just before?.

Redundant Virtual Router : ok
HA+KVM success (test with remove ethernet cable)

Thanks for the RC manager!

Milamber

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

[Animesh>] Marcus a minor xml closing tag was missed, I fixed and kicked off a new build.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

[Animesh>] I kicked off a new Release Note build on Jenkins, looking at the diff it should be fine

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.