Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/01/10 03:50:28 UTC

RE: Help Please! Q: Perl Compatible Regular Expressions and urimapping

Why don't you give each student their own webapp?  It would be pretty easy
to setup.  In the webapps/ directory, each student would have a student.xml
file, which defines the <Context> element, e.g.,

<Context path="/studentName" docBase="studentName" debug="0"
         reloadable="true" crossContext="false" />

and then a studentName/ directory containing their webapp.  If desired, you
could put a logger into the <Context> element so that each student had his
or her own log.

	--- Noel

Re: Help Please! Q: Perl Compatible Regular Expressions and urimapping

Posted by David Boyer <da...@bvu.edu>.
We are doing that already; that's not the problem. The problem with the
isapi filter uri mapping in workers2.properties. I can create a separate
mapping to each context based on the uri, but since they all follow a common
pattern I'd rather use a single regex seeing how isapi_redirector2.dll
version 2.0.2 is supposed to support this. The problem with adding
individual mappings for each context is that I'd have approximately 1,500
mappings in workers2.properties and I'd also need to make regular changes as
students come and go. The isapi filter doesn't appear to reload its
configuration unless IIS is restarted, plus I'd rather not manage that many
mappings if a single regex-based mapping could accomplish the same thing.

Thanks for your suggestion nonetheless!

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>