Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by sangroya <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 09:53:50 UTC

Re: Grouplens dataset Recommenderjob with Hadoop

Hi,

I am a research student working on building a recommendation system based on
Hadoop. I looked at the ItemBased class. But it seems that this
implementation is not a working one.

Is this possible to find a Hadoop MapReduce based example of recommendation
system like the clustering and classification.

Thanks in advance,
Amit

Re: Grouplens dataset Recommenderjob with Hadoop

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Amit,

This implementation is definitely working and used in production in
several large scale websites. Please give us a detailed explanation of
what is not working for you.

--sebastian