Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nani2ratna <na...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/28 23:35:12 UTC

example for settings.xml

Hi,

I am new user to maven.
I installed maven perfectly. I did first hello world perfectly.
Now i want to create a project for struts and hibernate.
Then i gave command to generate folder for web application.
It also worked fine, now i put struts in dependency.
But its giving error that settings.xml is not working.
I want to start developing with struts very new version 2.1.6 GA.
So can please send me the proper settings.xml.

Thanks and Regards
Ratna

Re: example for settings.xml

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> But its giving error that settings.xml is not working.
> I want to start developing with struts very new version 2.1.6 GA.
> So can please send me the proper settings.xml.

I don't know why you think your settings.xml "is not working." Can you
send us the actual error message you see?

Here's Struts2 version 2.1.6 in Central:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.1.6/

You'll probably want a dependency like (this is for core only, I don't
know what modules you'll use):

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
   <artifactId>struts2-core</artifactId>
   <version>2.1.6</version>
</dependency>

Wayne

Re: example for settings.xml

Posted by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com>.
And here are some instructions for that:

  http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

Re: example for settings.xml

Posted by Ian Petzer <ia...@gmail.com>.
Ratna,

Re: example for settings.xml

Posted by linchongsu <su...@gmail.com>.
you can get reference from http://maven.apache.org/settings.html
Best Regards!

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM, nani2ratna <na...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you very much for your replies.
> Actually i didnt understand properly about settings.xml.
> I didnt put anything in that file.
> Thats why it was not working.
> I went through some forums then i put the default values.
> Now its working fine.
> Thank you very much for giving these replies.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Ratna Sekhar
>

> Ian Petzer wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ratna,
> >
> > To be honest you don't really need much of anything in a settings.xml
> > file.
> > The defaults are enough to get Maven working.
> >
> > I actually run with a settings.xml file that looks much like the snippet
> > below You could create your own settings.xml file like this but I doubt
> it
> > would solve your problem.
> >
> > Maybe you should paste your error message that you get:
> >
> > ---------
> >
> > <settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
> >           xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> >           xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
> > http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">
> >
> > <mirrors>
> > </mirrors>
> > <servers>
> > </servers>
> >
> > </settings>
> >

> > -------
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM, nani2ratna <na...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am new user to maven.
> >> I installed maven perfectly. I did first hello world perfectly.
> >> Now i want to create a project for struts and hibernate.
> >> Then i gave command to generate folder for web application.
> >> It also worked fine, now i put struts in dependency.
> >> But its giving error that settings.xml is not working.
> >> I want to start developing with struts very new version 2.1.6 GA.
> >> So can please send me the proper settings.xml.
> >>
> >> Thanks and Regards
> >> Ratna
> >> -
> >> http://www.nabble.com/example-for-settings.xml-tp22267685p22267685.html
> >> Sent from the Maven - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

漠洋(苏琳冲)
SuLinchong
Phone   13656669328
Qq        387973308