Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/03/17 23:21:48 UTC

Modification proposal in the server.xml configuration

Hi guys,

I have no idea why we are stuck with  <defaultDirectoryService...> in
the server.xml file instead of <directoryService...>. I guess that it's
because we moved to xbeans quickly, and didn't finished the work one
year ago.

What about using <directoryService> ? It's just a matter of adding
'element="directoryService"' in the DefaultDirectoryService class header :

/**
 * Default implementation of {@link DirectoryService}.
 *
 * @org.apache.xbean.XBean element="directoryService"
 * @author <a href="mailto:dev@directory.apache.org">Apache Directory
Project</a>
 */

I know that it seems not urgent nor important, but as soon as the
configuration is not frozen _yet_, it's still time to get it right.

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com