Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net> on 2015/05/11 15:13:27 UTC

URIBL plugins are broken

i face false positives where the links are just "facebook.com" with the
http-prefix in front and NOT "com" between the http-prefix and the real
facebook domain

the domain with "com" in front is indeed on both URIBL but it just don#t
exist in the messages at all - why does SA extract the domains wrong
from the mailsource when there is no "comfacebook" at all besides the SA
report?

URIBL_DBL_SPAM Contains a spam URL
[URIs: com__facebook.com]

URIBL_BLACK Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
[URIs: com__facebook.com]

Re: URIBL plugins are broken

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 11.05.2015 um 15:43 schrieb Kevin A. McGrail:
> On 5/11/2015 9:13 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> i face false positives where the links are just "facebook.com" with
>> the http-prefix in front and NOT "com" between the http-prefix and the
>> real facebook domain
>>
>> the domain with "com" in front is indeed on both URIBL but it just
>> don#t exist in the messages at all - why does SA extract the domains
>> wrong from the mailsource when there is no "comfacebook" at all
>> besides the SA report?
>>
>> URIBL_DBL_SPAM Contains a spam URL
>> [URIs: com__facebook.com]
>>
>> URIBL_BLACK Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
>> [URIs: com__facebook.com]
>>
> Don't know.  Are you using 3.4.1?  Can you provide a spample that
> reproduces the issue?

3.4.0, sample attached in my previous mail, sorry for not attach it in
the first mail :-(

Re: URIBL plugins are broken

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 5/11/2015 9:13 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> i face false positives where the links are just "facebook.com" with
> the http-prefix in front and NOT "com" between the http-prefix and the
> real facebook domain
>
> the domain with "com" in front is indeed on both URIBL but it just
> don#t exist in the messages at all - why does SA extract the domains
> wrong from the mailsource when there is no "comfacebook" at all
> besides the SA report?
>
> URIBL_DBL_SPAM Contains a spam URL
> [URIs: com__facebook.com]
>
> URIBL_BLACK Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
> [URIs: com__facebook.com]

Don't know.  Are you using 3.4.1?  Can you provide a spample that
reproduces the issue?

regards,
KAM

Re: URIBL plugins are broken

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 5/11/2015 9:46 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> stripped down and anonymized sample attached
>
> the real bad thing is that the part triggering the URIBL rules wrongly
> is the quote of the signature from the message replied to
>
> Am 11.05.2015 um 15:13 schrieb Reindl Harald:
>> i face false positives where the links are just "facebook.com" with the
>> http-prefix in front and NOT "com" between the http-prefix and the real
>> facebook domain
>>
>> the domain with "com" in front is indeed on both URIBL but it just don#t
>> exist in the messages at all - why does SA extract the domains wrong
>> from the mailsource when there is no "comfacebook" at all besides the SA
>> report?
>>
>> URIBL_DBL_SPAM Contains a spam URL
>> [URIs: com__facebook.com]
>>
>> URIBL_BLACK Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
>> [URIs: com__facebook.com]

Not a bug in SA.

The plain text version of the email contains:
art@sepashvili.comfacebook.com/ketevan.sepashvili

The subdomain sepashvili is dropped leaving comfacebook.com.

Regards,
KAM

Re: URIBL plugins are broken

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.