Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2012/05/22 19:15:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release build tooling: parent-pom, uima-build-resources, uima-build-helper-maven-plugin

This is mainly a re-release of the uima-build-helper-maven-plugin, which had the
wrong version released - see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2407

The re-release of this updates it to version 4.  This, in turn, required the
parent-pom to be updated to depend on the new version 4.  The parent-pom already
had a -SNAPSHOT dependency on the next to-be-released version of
uima-build-resources (which had changes to add trademark symbols on first usage,
into our docs).  So that needed to be released as well (you can't release
something with a SNAPSHOT dependency).

So, I've staged all 3 components to

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-116/

The svn tags are:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/build/tags/parent-pom-4
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/build/tags/uima-build-helper-maven-plugin-4
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/build/tags/uima-build-resources-4

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not ok to release, because ...

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release build tooling: parent-pom, uima-build-resources, uima-build-helper-maven-plugin

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
+1

~Burn

Re: [VOTE] Release build tooling: parent-pom, uima-build-resources, uima-build-helper-maven-plugin

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

On 5/24/2012 11:26 AM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> +1 from me as well.
>
> I checked the following files
>
> uima-build-helper-maven-plugin-4-source-release.zip
> uima-build-helper-maven-plugin-4.jar
> uima-build-resources-4-source-release.zip
> uima-build-resources-4.jar
>
> for the mandatory LICENSE and NOTICE files.
> The uima-build-resources-4.jar contains them twice
> once as expected and then a version which ends on .vm,
> don't know why this is. Should they be removed?

The reason is that the .vm ones are "velocity macros" (v m :-) ).  The
uima-build-resources jar is where the templates for the LICENSE and NOTICE files
we use live; they live as .vm files.  So, they must be there, so the maven
remote-resources plugin can find them.

Cheers. -Marshall

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me as well.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release build tooling: parent-pom, uima-build-resources, uima-build-helper-maven-plugin

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The vote passes with 5 +1 votes and no other votes received.

+1:  Marshall Schor
         Jörn Kottmann
         Tommaso Teofili
         Jaroslaw Cwiklik