Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/04 17:34:57 UTC

Fwd: Why kylin use MR instead of Tez ?

Forward to mailing list for further support.

Thanks.

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Kylin will not depend on Tez. If user want to leverage Tez to speed up Hive
processing, he/she can configure Hive to use Tez as the default engine.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Donald,

Posted by donald fossouo <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
I don't fully get the question. Is it about Kylin should instruct hive to
use Tez, or Kylin should use Tez for its own MR jobs?

Posted by Akash Mishra <ak...@gmail.com>.