Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Na Yang <ny...@maprtech.com> on 2015/03/25 18:56:30 UTC

Question on "Hive on Tez" supported Tez version

Hi "Hive on Tez" team,

Tez 0.6 has been released and hive trunk branch still has the Tez 0.5
dependency. Is there a plan to upgrade the Tez support to 0.6 in the near
future?

Thanks & Regards,
Na

Re: Question on "Hive on Tez" supported Tez version

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi,

0.5.2 -> 0.6.0 does not need any hive code changes.

I usually build hive-1.0 branch with -Dtez.version=0.6.1-SNAPSHOT
-Denforcer.skip=true to use the Tez UI.

Can you file a JIRA?

Cheers,
Gopal