Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com> on 2003/10/07 18:20:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Making a URL connection to my domain

Hi all,

I'm not really sure if this is an Apache issue - but I'm posting this
question to lists for all s/w involved (RH Linux 7.3, Apache 1.3.28,
Tomcat 4.1, Java)....

I have my apache server running on my linux box, and it is serving up
web pages no problem.  I wrote a program in Java that runs through the
Tomcat portion of the site.  In this Java program I make a URL
connection a script on my server.  When I make this connection from any
other workstation I get a response.  However, when I run the program and
attempt to make the connection from the server itself to the domain
name, the program hangs...

Is there anything in Apache that would keep my web server from going out
to the internet, only to come back in and make a request? Please let me
know if I need to explain further.

Thanks.
Denise

Re: [users@httpd] Making a URL connection to my domain

Posted by suomi <ap...@ayni.com>.
Hi Denise
does your server Listen on 127.0.0.1:80 or 127.0.0.1:443? this is not
the same as listening on
www.yourdomain.tld, where all the calls from your other
workstations/hosts are accepted.

suomi