Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Larry Isaacs <La...@sas.com> on 2001/01/30 17:13:03 UTC

[VOTE] Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan

Important Note:
  This vote is for the Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan.
  It is *not* a vote to release Tomcat 3.3!
  The Release Plan proposes a way to bring Tomcat 3.3 to a
  releasable state. Once that state is reached, a separate
  vote will held concerning the actual release of Tomcat 3.3.

Additional Note:
  Voting +1 for the Tomcat 3.3. Release Plan should indicate
  a willingness to actually contribute toward the execution
  of this plan.  If you are in favor of this plan, but are
  unable to contribute, you should vote +0 instead of +1.

Final Note:
  Those voting -1 should supply a reason for the -1 vote so
  that these issues can be addressed.

A copy of the Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan may be found at:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat/RELEASE-PLAN-3.3>

A copy of the Status document that identifies the action items
to be executed by this plan may be found at:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat/STATUS.html>

<----- Please return this portion with your vote ----->

Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan Ballot:

  [ ] +1	I am in favor of this plan and will help
  [ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
  [ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
  [ ] -1	I am against this plan being executed, and my
            reason is:

<----------------------------------------------------->

For approval, there must be at least three +1 votes by committers,
and more +1 votes than -1 votes.

Cheers,
Larry Isaacs

__________
Larry Isaacs
Larry.Isaacs@sas.com
SAS Institute Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
Larry Isaacs wrote:
> [...]
> Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan Ballot:
>
>   [ ] +1        I am in favor of this plan and will help
>   [X] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
>   [ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
>   [ ] -1        I am against this plan being executed, and my
>             reason is:

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com
Author of JavaServer Pages (O'Reilly), http://TheJSPBook.com

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan

Posted by Pierre Delisle <pi...@sun.com>.
> Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan Ballot:
>
>   [ ] +1        I am in favor of this plan and will help
>   [X] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
>   [ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
>   [ ] -1        I am against this plan being executed, and my
>             reason is:

    -- Pierre

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Larry Isaacs wrote:

> <----- Please return this portion with your vote ----->
>
> Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan Ballot:
>
>   [ ] +1        I am in favor of this plan and will help
>   [X] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
>   [ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
>   [ ] -1        I am against this plan being executed, and my
>             reason is:
>
> <----------------------------------------------------->

Craig McClanahan

RE: [VOTE] Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
> Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan Ballot:
>
>   [ ] +1	I am in favor of this plan and will help
>   [X] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
>   [ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
>   [ ] -1	I am against this plan being executed, and my
>             reason is:

I would be +1 but work deadlines may prevent me from devoting much time on
this right now.  I'll do what I can.

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 1/30/01 8:13 AM, "Larry Isaacs" <La...@sas.com> wrote:

> <----- Please return this portion with your vote ----->
>
> Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan Ballot:
>
> [ ] +1 I am in favor of this plan and will help
> [ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
> [ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
> [X] -1 I am against this plan being executed, and my
> reason is:

No, I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want clarification.

You just made a modification that says that you will not fix all of the
known open issues before release. Does that also mean that you are going to
commit to maintaining and supporting this software into the future and also
apply patches that are sent in as well as do more releases? Am I just
confused by what you changed?

I will most likely change my -1 to a +1 when I get answers.

thanks,

-jon

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Larry Isaacs <La...@sas.com> wrote:

> [ ] +1    I am in favor of this plan and will help
> [ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
> [ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
> [ ] -1    I am against this plan being executed, and my
>           reason is:

I'm completely neutral, you kids do whatever you want... Mostly because I'm
so tired to talk about it... :( My vote is 0

    Pier

--
Pier Fumagalli  <http://www.betaversion.org/>  <ma...@betaversion.org>

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 1/30/01 8:13 AM, "Larry Isaacs" <La...@sas.com> wrote:

After Larry's recent commit on the changes...my vote is now:

> [ ] +1 I am in favor of this plan and will help
> [x] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
> [ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
> [ ] -1 I am against this plan being executed, and my
> reason is:

thanks,

-jon

Re: [VOTE] Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
> Tomcat 3.3 Release Plan Ballot:
>
>   [X] +1	I am in favor of this plan and will help
>   [ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
>   [ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
>   [ ] -1	I am against this plan being executed, and my
>             reason is:

Costin