Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Caron, Michael R" <mi...@lmco.com> on 2005/02/01 00:22:28 UTC

Problems with loading documents...

Hi everyone,

How do you get the error from the event if a certain step in the SVG
following methods:

    public void gvtRenderingFailed(GVTTreeRendererEvent e) {}

    public void documentLoadingFailed(SVGDocumentLoaderEvent e) {}

    public void gvtBuildFailed(GVTTreeBuilderEvent e) {}

I was getting gvtBuildFailed callbacks, but I didn't know how to get
information about what was going on...

Mike

Re: Problems with loading documents...

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Michael,

Caron, Michael R wrote:

> How do you get the error from the event if a certain step in the SVG
> following methods:
>
>     public void gvtRenderingFailed(GVTTreeRendererEvent e) {}

    You can't for this one right now.  I'll fix this so it's like
the ones below.

>     public void documentLoadingFailed(SVGDocumentLoaderEvent e) {}
>     public void gvtBuildFailed(GVTTreeBuilderEvent e) {}

    The source of the event is the SVGDocumentLoader object which
has a 'getException' method that returns the exception responsible
if there is one (there always is for failed events).

> I was getting gvtBuildFailed callbacks, but I didn't know how to get
> information about what was going on...

    It also (not so gracefully) echos the problem to System.err.