Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Shruti Krishnagiri <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2011/02/22 09:38:45 UTC

RESTServlet instantiation for 0.90.0 under Tomcat

I just hopped on to the HBase boat. I was looking for ways to use the REST
servlet within Tomcat and started to look for the Stargate WAR. I don't see that
under trunk but only under 0.20. Seems like the REST implementation has changed
in this release? I see org.apache.hadoop.hbase.rest.RESTServlet and the stargate
package is gone. I tried adding a servlet-mapping for this directly in my
web.xml but I get an instantiation error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? HBase and my appserver are all on
the same machine.

Re: RESTServlet instantiation for 0.90.0 under Tomcat

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Shruti:

We discontinued generating WAR file (Andrew asked if anyone was using
it back on http://search-hadoop.com/m/9rAIJ149jp2/hbase+war+jar&subj=Stargate+WAR+target).
 See the issue where we brought the REST server into core and dropped
the WAR target: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2542.

IIRC, WAR is awkward since all was bundled up in it which we figured
would not be how folks would usually like to deploy webapps.

Regards REST implementation, the stargate contrib became our core REST server.

You could check what happens when you do:

> ./bin/hbase rest

Hopefully that helps,
St.Ack