Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Vinay Kakade <vi...@veritas.com> on 2002/05/28 09:29:25 UTC

Problem with XMLString :: transcode()

Hi,

I am developing an application for Windows and Solaris using
Xerces-C++ parser. I have a problem with deleting the string
returned by XMLString :: transcode().

The application runs fine on Solaris but gives memory exception
when run on Windows. I read the FAQ and found the answer of
"Why does deleting transcoded string results in an assertion on windows?"
But I could not understand the answer completely.

I have the following questions:
1. Should the string returned by XMLString :: transcode() should be deleted
with delete[] or with free() ?

2. My makefile is something like this:

a.o : a.C
    cl /TP /c /MT a.C
b.o: b.C
    cl /TP /c /MT b.C
main.exe: a.o b.o
    link /OUT: main.exe /NODEFAULTLIB:libc.lib a.o b.o xerces-c_1.lib ws2_32.lib libcmt.lib

I think that there is some conflict in my makefile due to which I am getting this exception.
Please let me know what should I do to resolve this problem.

Please reply at your earliest.
With Thanks and Regards,
-Vinay Kakade.