Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Fernando Padilla <fe...@interdimensions.com> on 2002/07/17 18:52:29 UTC

JDK version

Hello.

I am going through the code and doing a lot of janitorial work.  So I have
a question, Xindice depends on Java2 (JDK 1.3) right?  we're not trying to

fernando

Re: JDK version

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
You may be right, I'm not sure. I don't remember exactly where the 1.3
dependency came from, but CORBA was definitely a big part of it. If
someone has a 1.2 VM handy it might be worth running some basic tests to
see how it behaves.

On Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at 01:47  PM, Fernando Padilla wrote:

> Thank you. (blush)
>
> I remembered the 1.3 requirement, but I thought I'ld ask anyhow.  Incase
> the requirement was only because of CORBA...
>
> fernando
>

> On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Artyom Tyazhelov wrote:
>
>> http://xml.apache.org/xindice/README
>>
>> Platform    Java VM Used
>>    =========== ====================
>>    Linux       Sun's Java 2 SDK 1.3 (ulimit -s 2048 for SDK 1.3.1)
>>    Linux       IBM Java 2 SDK 1.3
>>    Windows NT  Sun's Java 2 SDK 1.3
>>    Solaris     Sun's Java 2 SDK 1.3
>>    Mac OS X    Apple Java 2 SDK 1.3 (Included with Mac OS X)

Kimbro Staken
Java and XML Software, Consulting and Writing http://www.xmldatabases.org/
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org/xindice
XML:DB Initiative http://www.xmldb.org