Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Scott Weaver <sc...@cinci.rr.com> on 2004/12/07 19:41:03 UTC

[Fwd: FW: Concerning InstallAnywhere]

Everyone,

I took the liberty of contacting ZeroG, the makers of InstallAnywhere,
about getting a free version of their product to use for distributing
Jetspeed.  They actually seem very amenable to the idea so long as we
provide them with a quote they can use for a press release.  I have a
working installer I wrote using IzPack which open source,
http://www.izforge.com/izpack/.  However, IzPack isn't the easiest to
work with and does not really have many features which required me to
90% of the install logic using ant (which actually wasn't bad). I would
be willing to rewrite the installer using InstallAnywhere if we agree to
move forward with it.  I really don't see an issue since Apache uses
Jira, which is a commercial product that gives OS projects free use of
their product.

Thoughts?