Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Rohit Kumar <ro...@wipro.com> on 2007/07/18 13:02:12 UTC

Servicemix support to easily interact with any BPM tool

Hi All,
     I want to configure external BPM tool to Servicemix. Is there any
possiblility with Servicemix.My idea is, I want to configure external Rules
engine to servicemix.
     Which way i can us Servicemix for Rules engine support.
Thanks in advance.

RE: Servicemix support to easily interact with any BPM tool

Posted by ra...@wipro.com.
Posted by Rohit Kumar <ro...@wipro.com>.
Hi Rabi,

www.wipro.com

RE: Servicemix support to easily interact with any BPM tool

Posted by Rohit Kumar <ro...@wipro.com>.
Hi Rabi,

rabi wrote:

>>Hi Rabi Mishra,
>>     Iam having some knowlege of drools.
>
>>My idea is  to add hooks for every service which could get an event from
>>Rules Engine. Rules Engine should be capable of generating events based on
>>ceratin condition and notify them to the hooks using JMS channel. Is this
>>possible?
>
> Yes, servicemix  can receive events/messages over JMS channel. You can JMS
> Binding component for the same. Drools can also be used embeded in
> servicemix (Drools SE)
>
>>       1) How can i make use of Drools for my scenario
> You can use either way that suits you best...
>  >      2) Is drools component provided by servicemix will support just
>>routing of the messages?
> Drools binding component is not for routing. You can write your rules and
> do whaever processing of the message , change the conetent of the message
> and send it to the next component.
>

>    >    3) What is the difference between BPEL and Drools.
>
> BPEL (Business Process Execution Laguage) is a standard for webservice
> orchestration and Drools is a rule engine. They serve different puposes.
>
>>     Please direct me.
>

>  Thanks in advance.

> may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you
> are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or
> copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
> copies of this message and any attachments.

> transmitted by this email.
>
> www.wipro.com

RE: Servicemix support to easily interact with any BPM tool

Posted by ra...@wipro.com.
>Hi Rabi Mishra,
>     Iam having some knowlege of drools.

>My idea is  to add hooks for every service which could get an event from
>Rules Engine. Rules Engine should be capable of generating events based on
>ceratin condition and notify them to the hooks using JMS channel. Is this
>possible?

Yes, servicemix  can receive events/messages over JMS channel. You can JMS Binding component for the same. Drools can also be used embeded in servicemix (Drools SE)

>       1) How can i make use of Drools for my scenario
You can use either way that suits you best...
 >      2) Is drools component provided by servicemix will support just
>routing of the messages?
Drools binding component is not for routing. You can write your rules and do whaever processing of the message , change the conetent of the message and send it to the next component.

   >    3) What is the difference between BPEL and Drools.

BPEL (Business Process Execution Laguage) is a standard for webservice orchestration and Drools is a rule engine. They serve different puposes.

>     Please direct me.

 Thanks in advance.

www.wipro.com

RE: Servicemix support to easily interact with any BPM tool

Posted by Rohit Kumar <ro...@wipro.com>.
Hi Rabi Mishra,

Posted by Andrea Zoppello <zo...@tiscali.it>.
Take a look at spagic studio:

http://forge.objectweb.org/projects/spagic/

It's a new version of cimero that let's you to visual compose service
assembly.

Andrea Zoppello