Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Guy Thomas <gu...@vlaamsbrabant.be> on 2010/06/02 10:12:14 UTC

Struts2: Referring to resources (images, stylesheets, ...)

Hallo,

On a jsp page booksearchresult.jsp I have added a link to a stylesheet in the html-header:

<link href="css/intrabib.css" ...

This jsp page is sometimes displayed as the "result" of a struts action (case A):

<action name="boekzoekerresultaten" class="bookSearch">
  <result name="success">
     <param name="location">/apps/intrabib/booksearchresult.jsp</param>
  </result>

</action>

sometimes as the result of a link (case B):

http://localhost:8080/intrabib/apps/intrabib/booksearchresult.jsp?...

The css folder is in the folder where the jsp pages are.

The way the stylesheet is referred above, it only works in case B. I can change the stylesheet reference so that it works for case A, but then it doesn't work for case B anymore.

I'm having similar problems with image references.

The question is how I have to refer in a Struts2 environment to resources on a jsp page so that they are found whether this page that is the result of a Struts2 action or the result of a direct link.

Thank you,

Guy Thomas

-------------
Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Alle berichten naar dit professioneel e-mailadres kunnen door de werkgever gelezen worden.
Ondernemingsnummer: 0253.973.219

Re: Struts2: Referring to resources (images, stylesheets, ...)

Posted by Greg Lindholm <gr...@gmail.com>.
Use the <s:url> tag to generate the URL to the css file, this will
ensure it has the correct context.

Like this:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<s:url
value='/css/intrabib.css' />" />

This will generate the correct path even if you deploy your app in a
context other then root.

Posted by ch...@chrismiles.org.

Posted by Cimballi <ci...@cimballi.net>.