Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Licinio Fernández Maurelo <li...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/02 11:06:39 UTC

Logging solr requests

Hi there,

i need to log solr requests on the fly , filter, transform them and finally
put them into an index.

Any advice on best way to implement such this behaviour?

Key points:

- I think that the use  of log files is discouraged, but i don't know if i
can modify solr settings to log to a server (via rmi or http)
- Don't want to drop down solr response performance

thx
--
Lici

Re: Logging solr requests

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: - I think that the use  of log files is discouraged, but i don't know if i
: can modify solr settings to log to a server (via rmi or http)
: - Don't want to drop down solr response performance

discouraged by who? ... having aseperate process tail your log file and
build an index that way is the simplest way to do this without impact
Solr's performace ... alternately you could write a custom LogHandler that
sends the data anywhere you want (so you never need a log file) but that
would require some non-trivial asynch code in your LogHandler to keep the
budiling of your new idex from affecting hte performace (log calls are
synchronous)

-Hoss