Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dan Tappin <da...@orourke-eng.com> on 2002/12/23 19:55:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Monthly Log Rolling

I had this solved before but I seem to have lost it during one of my recent
system updates (I am running Apache 1.3.x on Mac OS X 10.2.x).

I currently have individual logs for each VH
(/var/log/httpd/www.mydomain_log). I had my logs rolling each month like
this:

tappind# ls -al /var/log/httpd/archive
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root wheel 1081407 Sep 1 00:15 www.mydomain.com_log-09-01-02
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root wheel 776332 Oct 1 00:30 www.mydomain.com_log-10-01-02

But the Nov 1-02 log rotate did not complete (post-system update).

I do not think I was using rotatelogs in my log section of my conf files and
I don't think I was using a shell script or a third part utility like
cronalog.  I am fairly positive that it was a simple one line crontab entry.
I say that because all my /var/log/httpd/ logs were archived in this manner.

Any ideas?  I know I am being very vague... I am hoping this will trigger
someone's memory.

Thanks,

Dan