Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net> on 2001/07/30 21:24:58 UTC

CVS??

I see theres a new 1.1 release candidate out - I upgraded to that just to
see if I still get the ClassCastException when I try and do a
deepCloneDocument() on a Xerces document type.  Of course, I still get the
same error.

I went to the apache CVS repositories hoping some ongoing development would
be there but Batik doesnt seem to be listed, and the CVS link from the batik
page is broken.

Thanks,

- Brent

RE: CVS??

Posted by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net>.
> deepCloneDocument() throws a ClassCastException?
> Wasn't it importNode()?
> I just committed a fix for this one.

Yes.  I'm using the latest version of Xerces and parsing the SVG document.
I then tried to just send it to the transcoder and I got the "not an SVG
document" error.  After researching that, I found out the I had to send this
through the deepCloneDocument() method to convert it to an SVGDocument.

The call to deepCloneDocument gives me a ClassCastException.  I changed the
code for temporary purposes (my client needs these graphs ASAP).  Right now,
I'm parsing the document with Xerces, making the necessary changes directly
to the nodes, then writing that tree out to an SVG file (using Xerces).
Then, I simply open the temporary SVG file (built with the session ID as the
name) by sending the stream to the transcoder instead.

That seems to work - it's just the overhead of parsing the document,
changing the nodes, saving it out, then opening it and sending it back
through the transcoder.

> > I went to the apache CVS repositories hoping some ongoing
> development would
> > be there but Batik doesnt seem to be listed, and the CVS link from the
> > batik page is broken.
> >

> The apache CVS repository has recently moved.
>
> To access the batik module you must type:
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
> password: anoncvs
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co xml-batik

Great!  I'll make sure to get the latest version from CVS and see what
happens.

Thanks,

- Brent

Re: CVS??

Posted by Stephane Hillion <sh...@ilog.fr>.

--
  Stephane.

Re: CVS??

Posted by Stephane Hillion <sh...@ilog.fr>.
On Monday 30 July 2001 21:24, Brent L Johnson wrote:
> I went to the apache CVS repositories hoping some ongoing development would
> be there but Batik doesnt seem to be listed, and the CVS link from the
> batik page is broken.

The new address to browse the repository is
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-batik/
--
  Stephane.