Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jeppe Fjord <j_...@hotmail.com> on 2011/07/04 16:11:59 UTC

RE: Could not load DTDDVFactoryImpl (xerces.jar)

Any help would be appreciated very much:

From: j_skovbon@hotmail.com
To: j-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Could not load DTDDVFactoryImpl (xerces.jar)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 11:31:37 +0000

Hello.

I have several application installed on the same server. Each application in a different context.

When reloading one application in the Tomcat manager I get the following error: "Could not load DTDDVFactoryImpl". Why i that and how to avoid it?

The error only occours if I restart one application. If I restart the tomcat container, I'm not getting the error.  I'm not sure if the error occours because the instance is not properly shutdown or because I have several applications running using the same instance?

How can I avoid this error? Or how can I pick up an already created instance if the code fails to create a DocumentBuilder builder object?

I have tried to put xerces.jar in "/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/shared/lib", but the error below stills occours. I have also tried to remove xerces.jar from tomcat/shared/lib and put it into each application lib: "/myApp1/WEB-INF/lib/", but the error still occours when reloading one application.

Here is how I load the factory:

DocumentBuilderFactory factory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(); // here I got the error
DocumentBuilder builder = factory.newDocumentBuilder();

org.w3c.dom.Document w3cDoc = builder.parse( new java.io.File( XMLSetupfile ) );

if ( w3cDoc != null ){

org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder domBuilder = new org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder();
org.jdom.Document doc = domBuilder.build( w3cDoc );
}
Any help would be appreciated.

Error:
INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.dtd.DTDDVFactoryImpl. The eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.
java.lang.IllegalStateException
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1248)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1208)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.ObjectFactory.findProviderClass(ObjectFactory.java:403)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.ObjectFactory.newInstance(ObjectFactory.java:354)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.DTDDVFactory.getInstance(DTDDVFactory.java:98)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dv.DTDDVFactory.getInstance(DTDDVFactory.java:83)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.<init>(XML11Configuration.java:565)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration.<init>(XIncludeParserConfiguration.java:145)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration.<init>(XIncludeParserConfiguration.java:106)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.JAXPConfiguration.<init>(JAXPConfiguration.java:30)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:112)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.java:101)
at module.oioxml.OIOXMLSetupParseXML.getInvoiceSetup(OIOXMLSetupParseXML.java:36)

Best regards
Jeppe

RE: Could not load DTDDVFactoryImpl (xerces.jar)

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Did you read my previous response [1]?

[1] http://markmail.org/message/ygnohcpxzmfow3fu

Michael Glavassevich